Classification: Statutory committee
Only engineer membersResponsibilities
Special feature: 3-year term
- Prepare the annual General Professional Practice Supervision Program.
- Recommend that members be required to take refresher training.
Its members must:
- have practiced the profession for at least 10 years;
- have technical expertise;
- not be members of another statutory committee;
- not have been the subject of a disciplinary decision rendered by the OIQ's Disciplinary Council finding them guilty of an offence or a decision imposing a requirement under section 55 of the Professional Code;
- not have been the subject of a decision that has obliged them to fulfill a requirement stipulated in section 113 of the Professional Code, restricted or suspended their right to practice professional activities, or struck them from the OIQ's roll;
- not have been found guilty of an offence contemplated in the second paragraph of section 116 of the Professional Code;
- not have been the subject of an order stipulated in section 122.0.3 of the Professional Code,
- not have been the subject of a sanction imposed under the third paragraph of section 149.1 of the Professional Code;
- have solid knowledge of the regulatory context for practicing engineering in Québec.
The chair and the deputy chair are appointed by the Board from the members of the Committee. Frequency of meetings
The Professional Inspection Committee holds a minimum of nine meetings per year.