Classification: statutory committeeComposition Only members who are engineers, teach at a university and practice engineering. Responsibilities
Selection criteria Its members must:
- Issue permits to practice the profession by delegation of the Board of Directors.
- Process diploma or training equivalence applications in accordance with the Regulation respecting standards for equivalence of diplomas and training for the issue of a permit by the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec.
Chair Member of the committee with one year of seniorityFrequency of meetings 10 to 12 meetings per year
- have been registered on the roll for at least 10 years;
- not have been the subject of a disciplinary decision of the Disciplinary Council or the Professions Tribunal that has found them guilty of an offence or imposed a sanction on them;
- not have been the subject of a decision that has imposed a requirement under section 55 of the Professional Code.
- For members who practice engineering: practice professional activities linked to engineering.
- For members from university institutions: have a doctorate. Every university institution thatoffers undergraduate engineering programs approved by Engineers Canada may propose one (1) candidate, except for the Université du Québec, which may propose two (2): one from the École de technologie supérieure and the other from the university’s other constituent institutions.