Anyone who believes that an engineer has demonstrated incompetence, negligence, a
lack of integrity or carelessness, or has committed other offences under the Code of
Ethics of Engineers, the Engineers Act or the regulations governing the engineering
profession, may contact the Office of the Syndic to request an inquiry into the
For more information, go to the FAQ.
How do you request a disciplinary inquiry?
An inquiry request should be made in writing. It should include:
- the name of the engineer concerned by the inquiry;
- a description of the events that occurred;
- the key facts;
- the allegations against the engineer;
- any other information or documents supporting the allegations.
To request a disciplinary inquiry, you can
- fill out the electronic form
for the general public »
for OIQ members » (in French only)
by mail to: Office of the Syndic,
Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec
Windsor Station, Suite 350
1100, avenue des Canadiens-de-Montréal
Montréal (Québec) H3B 2S2