To have your work experience as a junior engineer recognized, you must:
• You must complete an Engineering experience certification form at the end of each position held or after accumulating 36 months of experience at one job for each referee (please refer to the diagram included in the form). A minimum of two referees who are engineers per job is required. Forms have to be sent by email. Upon receipt of your documents, please allow 6 to 8 weeks processing time. If your file is found incomplete, a member of our team will contact you as soon as possible.
- Certification of engineering experience acquired in Canada;
- Certification of engineering experience acquired outside Canada.
The forms can be send by email at this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Description of work experience example.
• If you were first entered on the membership roll of the Order after May 2, 2009, and not more
than five years have passed since then, you are not required to pay a fee for the recognition
of experience application. If, however, you have been entered on the roll for more than five years or you have never paid the fees to become a Junior Engineer, you must complete the payment form to have your experience recognized. For information on this amount, please consult the Fee Schedule.
If following the review of the application, the evaluator refused to recognize work experience as being pertinent, the Junior Engineer may invoke the right to be heard, as per article 26 of the Regulation respecting other terms and conditions for the issue of a permit by the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec. Please consult the aforementioned publication for the procedure to be followed
For more information, contact our customer service department by phone at 514 845-6141, option 1, or by email at email@example.com