The application you submit to the Access to the Profession Department of the Order must include
• A duly completed and signed permit application;
• A copy of the birth certificate or any other official proof of identity (e.g.: passport, national identity card);
• An official and final transcript of your degree (obtained after your graduation) sent directly to the Order by the issuing educational institution;
• If your diploma is from McGill University or Concordia University, documentation proving that your knowledge of French is appropriate to the practice of the profession; *
• Payment of the permit application fee. See « REQUEST FOR PERMIT - Holder of Type 1 Engineering degree » in the Fee Schedule; **
• upon request, a copy of any university degree supporting the application or proof of graduation.
IMPORTANT: Documents submitted in support of your application that are not written in English or French must be accompanied by a translation in one of these languages. The translation must be a certified translation of the original by a translator who is a member of the Ordre des traducteurs, terminologues et interprètes agréés du Québec or recognized by the competent authority of the province or country in which he or she resides, if the translator is not located in Québec.
On-Line Application – two payment methods are accepted :
• MasterCard or Visa credit card;
* This proof is not required for obtaining a Junior Engineer’s permit, it is necessary for the Engineer’s permit.
** This fee is non-refundable and subject to change without notice.