Composition Each sectoral committee is composed of:
Responsibilities They are mandated to:
- the President of the OIQ;
- a representative of the Professional Affairs Department;
- four to six experienced engineers from the given economic sector, with no more than one person from the same entity;
- a volunteer technologist (optional).
- develop an interpretation guide for the laws in a given economic sector;
- update the interpretation guide annually or as needed;
- identify the specific issues of that economic sector;
- develop the OIQ’s position on these topics.
Selection criteria The members must:
- Submit a report to the Board of Directors after each committee meeting
- Draft an Engineers Act interpretation guide adapted to a given sector
- Prepare positions for the OIQ on public protection issues in the economic sector concerned for the purposes of making a recommendation to the Board of Directors
Chair The President of the OIQ or the person appointed by him or her
- have been registered on the roll of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec, or another professional order, for at least 5 years;
- show interest in developing the profession;
- have solid knowledge of the economic sector concerned.
Frequency of meetings Several meetings must be scheduled for the first year and at least two meetings per year thereafter, or as needed depending on the issues. Quorum The attending members
Adopted on February 4, 2016 (CDA-2016-010)