Values of the OIQThe Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec carries out its activities and initiatives on the basis of five key values: integrity, accessibility, rigour, accountability and consistency.Vision
Its vision is to make the OIQ into an umbrella organization and a reference for professionalism and excellence in engineering.Strategic planning
The strategic planning process is used to plot the course of action that the OIQ intends to pursue Strategic objectives
in the future. The 2010-2015 strategic plan develops its actions along four major axes: supervision
of the profession, contribution of the profession to social debates and life, organizational development and governance of the OIQ.
To adequately fulfill its mission and duties, the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec designs and implements a wide variety of effective measures. They are intended to meet seven general
- take action wherever engineering is practiced;
- participate in developing the profession;
- consider the basic training of engineers;
- ensure that engineers maintain and develop their knowledge through continuing education;
- promote and guide the professional development of members (knowledge, know-how, self-management);
- raise the profile of the profession and promote it;
- contribute to social debates by advocating in the public interest.