The OIQ invites students to join its Student Section, free of charge :
- Prepare yourself to enter the profession and receive the OIQ’s communications.
- Enjoy special rates for the OIQ’s training activities.
- Meet engineers at exclusive events.
- Apply for the OIQ Foundation’s awards and scholarships.
- Gain access to engineering student services:
- banking services offered by the National Bank;
- car and home insurance offered by Engineers Canada and TD Insurance Meloche Monnex;
- investment services with Gestion Férique.
As soon as students enter an engineering school or faculty, the Order is there to make its presence known and inform students about the services it offers them. It is a way for the Order to show students that their future professional order will be there to accompany them and support them throughout their engineering career.
The Order takes part in activities organized by and for engineering students; it promotes dialogue between students and experienced engineers by arranging school visits; and it ensures that there are campus representatives to answer questions about the Order (student services, awards
and scholarships, working as a junior engineer, how to obtain an engineer’s permit, etc.).
To recognize the pursuit of excellence, the OIQ also awards the Student Award of Merit
and the Fellowship for Excellence in Graduate Studies at its annual Gala de l’excellence, yet another opportunity for students and engineers to get to know each other.
Finally, all engineering graduates who wonder why they should become a member of the OIQ
and those who want to familiarize themselves with the procedure for becoming an engineer will find the support they need.
If you would like to learn more about the services offered to engineering students, this section has the answers to all of your questions.