The OIQ has set three objectives in regards to professional development:
- Ensuring the quality and efficiency of professional services provided by engineers.
- Promoting the adjustment of the trade as a result of the constantly changing socioeconomic context, technologies and community’s expectations.
- Increasing the engineer’s accountability as to his personal professional development.
As such, the OIQ has strived to provide its members with new tools and services hoping to:
- Promoting competency building.
- Helping engineers identify the training best suited to the practice of their professional activities.
- Urging engineers to be more proactive in that regard.
The redesign of the Professional Practice Guide , the adoption of the Continuing Education Regulation for Engineers and the Annual Symposium are some of the means implemented by the OIQ to help engineers in their quest to improve their skills.