Ordre des ingénieurs du Quebec
Lancer la recherche


    OIQ_InternetHomeI amCandidate - Obtaining a permitObtaining a permitDiploma obtained in Canada (outside Québec)Required documents

    Required documents 

    Undergraduate diploma obtained in Canada (outside Québec)

    The application you submit to the Access to the Profession Department of the Order must include
    the following:

    • A duly completed and signed permit application;

    Please make sure that the photograph is centered and that you looked directly at the camera when the photo was taken.  Your eyes must be opened and clearly visible.

    • An original act of birth issued by the Civil Registry office (accompanied by a photocopy); the original act will be returned to you after verification.

    • Official transcripts for each diploma supporting the application. The transcripts must be sent to the Order by the issuing institution, along with the Transcript Request form (form optional).

    • Any university diploma or diplomas supporting the application (a true copy certified by the issuing educational institution or by an employee of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec upon presentation of the original and photocopy) or a document attesting to the issuance of the diploma or diplomas sent directly to the Order by the issuing educational institution (the hard copy version must be accompanied by a photocopy).

    An up-to-date resume detailing your work experience since obtaining the engineering diploma (hard copy version only) (Sample resume);

    If your diploma was issued more than five years ago and the level of knowledge acquired during your studies is no longer comparable to current course content, you must demonstrate that relevant work experience or training acquired since then has made up for this disparity. To establish this, you must complete an Engineering experience certification form :

    Certification of engineering experience acquired in Canada;
    Certification of engineering experience acquired outside Canada.

    Documentation proving that your knowledge of French is appropriate to the practice
    of the profession. *

    • Payment of the permit application fee. See « REQUEST FOR PERMIT - Holder of Type 2 or 3 engineering degree » in the Fee Schedule. **


    IMPORTANT : You must also provide a translation of any documents not written in French or English. If the translation is not completed by a certified translator, the latter must certify his work with a solemn declaration.




    On-Line Application – two payment methods are accepted :

    • MasterCard or Visa credit card;
    • Paypal.





    * This proof is not required for obtaining a Junior Engineer’s permit, it is necessary for the Engineer’s permit.

    ** This fee is non-refundable and subject to change without notice.




    Was this content useful?


    Useful documents

    Gare Windsor, bureau 350
    1100, avenue des Canadiens-de-Montréal
    Montréal (Québec) H3B 2S2

    1 514 845-6141
    Toll free : 1 800 461-6141