The application you submit to the Access to the Profession Department of the Order must include
• A duly completed and signed permit application;
• Please make sure that the photograph is centered and that you looked directly at the camera when the photo was taken. Your eyes must be opened and clearly visible.
• An original act of birth issued by the Civil Registry office (accompanied by a photocopy); the original act will be returned to you after verification.
• An official and final transcript of your degree (obtained after your graduation) sent directly to the Order by the issuing educational institution;
• If your diploma is from McGill University or Concordia University, documentation proving that your knowledge of French is appropriate to the practice of the profession. *
• Payment of the permit application fee. See « REQUEST FOR PERMIT - Holder of Type 1 Engineering degree » in the Fee Schedule. **
• Upon request, any university diploma or diplomas supporting the application (a true copy certified by the issuing educational institution or by an employee of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec upon presentation of the original and photocopy) or a document attesting to the issuance of the diploma or diplomas sent directly to the Order by the issuing educational institution (the hard copy version must be accompanied by a photocopy).
IMPORTANT: You must also provide a translation of any documents not written in French or English. If the translation is not completed by a certified translator, the latter must certify his work with a solemn declaration.
On-Line Application – two payment methods are accepted :
• MasterCard or Visa credit card;
* This proof is not required for obtaining a Junior Engineer’s permit, it is necessary for the Engineer’s permit.
** This fee is non-refundable and subject to change without notice.