The application you submit to the Access to the Profession Department of the Order must include
• a duly completed and signed original permit application form;
• An original act of birth issued by the Civil Registry office (accompanied by a photocopy) or one of these original documents accompanied by a photocopy: passport or national identity card. Please take note that each certified true copy must be provided by the institution that issued the original document; the original act will be returned to you after verification.
• A Diploma Supplement or any other document attesting that you have complete one of the programs of study mentioned in the appendix of the regulation. These must be sent to the Order by the issuing institution.
• A copy of the Engineering Diploma (a true copy certified by the issuing educational institution or by an employee of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec upon presentation of the original and photocopy) or a document attesting to the issuance of the diploma or diplomas sent directly to the Order by the issuing educational institution.
• An up-to-date resume detailing your work experience since obtaining the engineering diploma (Sample resume);
• If you have already worked as an Engineer, you must demonstrate that relevant work experience or training acquired since then has made up for this disparity. To establish this, you must complete an Engineering experience certification form :
• Certification of engineering experience acquired in Canada;
• Certification of engineering experience acquired outside Canada
For the last form, please refer if needed to the Certification of engineering experience acquired in Canada for junior engineers.
Please note that originals can be sent by email or by post. If you or your immediate supervisor are unable to provide an Adobe Reader electronic signature, you may send the form signed by hand via email to email@example.com or via post.
• Documentation proving that your knowledge of French is appropriate to the practice
of the profession. *
• Payment of the permit application fee. “See the REQUEST FOR PERMIT - Holder of an engineer diploma from France under the MRA” section in the Fee Schedule. *
IMPORTANT : You must also provide a translation of any documents not written in French or English. If the translation is not completed by a certified translator, the latter must certify his work with a solemn declaration.
* This proof is not required to obtain a restrictive engineer’s permit (TREP); it is necessary for the engineer’s permit.
Hard Copy Application – three payment methods are accepted:
• certified cheque, bank draft or money order payable to the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec;
• MasterCard or Visa credit card;
• Debit card or cash (exact amount) – at the OIQ offices only.
* This fee is non-refundable and subject to change without notice.